Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Stamp Collecting – It’s not your Grandpa’s hobby anymore!

Hello! My name is Doris and I love stamps! Sounds crazy, I know, but I really am fascinated by those little pieces of paper that bring history and the world to life.

Luckily for me, I also get to work with stamps, so I can enjoy them every day.
This blog is intended to share information about the newest worldwide stamps that have been issued. I will try to highlight one or two issues in each blog entry.

So, welcome to my world!

The first issue I’d like to highlight comes from Switzerland. The stamp is centered on a souvenir sheet that is designed to look like a vinyl record on an old fashioned record player. But here’s the kick….when you take the stamp off the souvenir sheet and put it on a record player, it really plays music! It plays a brass band version  of the Swiss national anthem at 33 rpm.

Our company, Herrick Stamp, sells this amazingly innovative Swiss postage stamp and thousands of other new issues from around the world. We update our inventory every two weeks, and all our new issue stamps are fully illustrated.

Please visit us and have a look around. You never know what kind of stamp they’ll think of next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment